CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

3 years

3 years ago today was a beautiful, sunny day! It's strange how I remember this because my memory is horrible most of the time. But this is a day I'll never forget. Even details! The guys.....Steve, Rick and Chandler left for Georgia to go to the Masters (in case your not sure what that it, it's a really uptido golf tournament.) Tiger Woods and those guys play in it. Anyway, it's not easy to get tickets but this year, Steve got them. They were super excited to be going. Backing up a bit, before they left we all went to McDonalds to eat lunch. The guys and us girls (me, Mo, and Les). When the guys left for Georgia, us girls decided to go to Opry Mills and do some shopping. After we shopped, we went to O'Charley's for dinner. ***I can't believe I remember such details, seriously, it's not usual for me). After eating, Les headed home and Morgan and me went to our house. Morgan slept in the bed with me that night because that's what she does when it's just us girls here.

The phone in my room wasn't working for some reason. So, that's why when it rang around 6am, I didn't hear it. Finally, after numerous tries, I barely heard it. I jumped out of bed, ran through the house into the family room and grabbed it. As I was picking it up, I realized the handset caller I.D said.....Rick Moncrief

"Why would Les be calling me this early?"

"Hello?"

"Tammy, Bradley has been in a car accident, he's being LIFE FLIGHTED to Vanderbilt."

"OH Jesus.....OH God......Les, what do I do?"

"I don't know, Tam"

we hang up

Praying the entire time.....I call my mom

"Momma, OH God....."

We are both in hysterics.

I asked her what I needed to do. She told me to call Lynn to come get Morgan.

I called Les back to come get me to head to the hospital.

I CLEARLY remember pacing in my living room saying over and over and over....."JESUS, PLEASE HAVE MERCY....JESUS, PLEASE HAVE MERCY"

That was the beginning of the hardest summer of my life!!!!!!!!!!! I wouldn't wish it on anyone. But, God brought us through. There were days, numerous days, that He carried us in His arms. He will NEVER leave nor forsake us.

We've come a long way. Bradley has come a long way. He's already a miracle because the Dr.'s told us he would be a vegetable the rest of his life. He's not a vegetable. Thank you, Jesus!

Are we where we want to be? Of course not. We are trusting God that He's not finished with Brad. God has a work for Bradley Ryan Moore. He spared his life for a reason. By every since of the word, we should be coming up on the anniversary of his death. But, God DID have mercy as I prayed in my living room that morning.

When I think about it, it's still so weird that this has happened and that his life changed so drastically but my hope and trust is in a God that knows exactly what He's doing. I believe the Word when it says that ALL things work together for our good.

So, please keep praying for him. Please believe with us that one day the work that God started, He will complete. We, as a family are believing just that. There is no room or no place to stop believing or stop praying. One of these prayers for his healing will be the last.

TO GOD BE THE GLORY!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Erika J. said...

"Behold, I am the LORD, the God of all flesh: is there any thing too hard for me?"

emily said...

you don't seem to forget the days that change your life forever, do ya?

Kasey said...

I am praying. I love you and your family.