CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Home schooling (i titled this after I wrote the post)

Let see.....

Yesterday and today we had soccer games. We froze both times. Yesterday was rainy and cold, not just cold. Today, no rain, but cold. I really hope this was the last game that I have to sit there wrapped up in a blanket. I hope this was the last of those...."blueberry, blackberry, whatever berry winters." Just bring on the warmth, please!

Tomorrow morning Morgan and I are headed to the dentist. Time, well actually past time for our cleaning. Chandler was suppose to be going with us but he has to work. I'll have to re-schedule his appointment. Steve is going from work to have his cleaned. It's past time for all of us. I'm pretty good, usually, about our every 6 month cleaning. This time I've kinda let it slip.

Lately, with such business, we haven't been able to get a good day of math in. It's been very hit and miss. We've home schooled for so long and now that the kids are older, they pretty much do their work on their own. Except for math. I usually do it with them. I was determined that today we would have a productive day. And, we did! For this, I'm happy!

When Cha and I were doing his Geometry today, we got to talking about all the years of home schooling and how time has flown with it. He graduates next year. Absolutely...UNBELIEVABLE!!! He said, remember when I use to do math on the board? He meant the dry/erase board. Oh those days! Boy could I share some stories. Stories of laughter and tears. Good days and bad days. Days of deciding to go to the park instead of doing school because it was so warm in January. (true story, we actually did that). Days of sounding out letters to form words and then sentences. I love the fact that I taught both of my children to read.

***O.K. so bear with me a minute here.....I'm having a Hallmark moment****

Days of taking turns helping the kids. Monday & Wednesday was Morgan's day to got first. Tuesday & Thursday was Chandler's day to go first. What I mean by "going first" is who I helped first. Days of flash cards to learn times tables. Days of going over spelling list again and again. Days of getting a phone call right in the middle of doing History (or whatever we might have been doing) because someone needed special prayer and us stopping right then and there to pray together. The Science experiments in the kitchen. The satisfaction on one of my kids face when they "get it". And, the pride (in a good way) that "I" had a small part in them "getting it." Sitting at the dinner table and sharing with the "principal" (aka..Steve) what we learned in school that day.

Boy, I could go on and on and on. Home schooling has been a true blessing in our home. I know it's not for every family but for the Fox family, it has worked. And, for this, I truly thank the Lord from the bottom of my heart! I wouldn't go back and trade it, not even for one day!

How in the world I got off on all of that, I don't know. It just started pouring out of me. HA!

2 comments:

Morgan said...

Awh, mom. I miss those days! I really do!

Netty said...

Oh! I am so glad you wrote this post! Now I know who can home school Braden! LOL!