CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, October 27, 2008

Didn't post all weekend

So, let's start back at Friday. We had our first band service since Bro. Sutton made his appointments. Steve and I have the honor of being band leaders for another year. What an awesome priviledge. Our band got changed up just a little bit. We have some of the same ones and a few new were added. Jeanie Shelton was added to our band. Some of you know here situation. I tried twice last week to get in touch with here. I left two messages and I know I have the right number becasue the voice mail is her voice. Please pray that I can reach her. I desire to minister to her in any way that I can.

Our band service went well, I thought. The Lord gave the inspiration for the devotion on "love". When I went into the Y last Monday to run, they had a Christmas tree in the lobby with shoe boxes all around it. I said to the lady behind the counter..."A Christmas Tree in October" and she explained to me what it was about. They want members of the YMCA to fill a shoe box for a needy child for Christmas. Of course this is a great idea and I'm all for charities (some of them) but my wheels got to turning of how I could use this idea for our band. So from there, the inspiration began to flow. At our band service, I sat up a small christmas tree and had small little boxes all over it. Inside the boxes were "acts of love". For example.....1.) spend time with someone 2.) send someone a text message of encouragement 3.) send someone a card 4.) call someone who has misssed more than 2 services in a row. You get the idea? So, each one of us took a box and have until our next months meeting to do our "act of love".

Autumn had invited all of the youth to come to our band service so with those of our band that were here (it was at our house) and with the youth that came, we had a house full. It was great! I had made a pot of chili and Lynn made a pot of potato soup. Then we played Catch Phrase. Oh my, that game can get so out of control (in a good way). It is SO funny to see people try and describe a word without giving the word away. My husband go so tickled at me at one point that he literally went to the ground laughing. It's hilarious how when you are being timed how weird your mind thinks. It was GREAT fellowship. We played guys vs. girls. We got down to a tie breaker and still we were tied. We had to have a second tie breaker and finally guess who won? Yep........of course, surely you didn't think the guys beat the girls.....no way.....GIRLS RULE! HA!!!

Saturday was Michael Stephens birthday. He turned 18 so the youth decided to plan a whole day just for him. They hung out all day Saturday and ended with a birthday party for him on Saturday night. Our youth just can't seem to get enough fellowship. I guess when you are young like that you don't have to rest at all. Us old folks love fellowship too but I gotta chill sometimes. I love it when they are together though. There is way too much out in this world that they could be doing so them having good clean fun is great.

I did alittle shopping on Saturday and got some super great deals. Last weekend I saw a really cute sweater at Target for $9.98 which is a pretty good price. I decided not to get it but when I went back in there this past Saturday, it was marked down even more to $4.98. So, that sweater now belongs to me.

Sunday was another great Sunday. Bro Sutton preached a great message on Grace, Mercy and Truth. I love to listen to him preach. It always blesses me! The youth hung out again in between services. I told you they can't seem to get enough fellowship. Shew...they make me tired. ha! Bro. Andy preached great last night as well. He's great and soooo funny! Again, the youth hung out and played games after service last night.

And now...it's Monday and time for Chandler and I to crack open that Geomery book. He has to be a work at 11:00 so I need to get off here since I 've filled you guys in on the weekend.

God is Good! (for Sis. Annette)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you too!!

Netty said...

:0)

Katie said...

I would hang out every moment of every day with our youth! It's so great to have all these youth at Antioch! I am SO SO blessed in who I have around me! :)

No matter what us youth are doing at any time, we have fun. Whether it's talking, playing games, eating, etc. Fun, fun, fun!

Love you!