CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, May 15, 2009

Fearfully and Wonderfully made

Today is my birthday. I'm 41. Well, as my mother says, not until 3:30 something this afternoon. That is when I was born. She told me last night that she wasn't going to call me until 3:30. ha!

As far as I'm concerned, today, ALL day is my birthday so I shall claim it. ha!

I'm not sure that everyone knows this story, but, ONLY by God's Grace and Mercy am I having this day. 41 years ago, my father was told by the Dr after my mother was in labor for 15 hours....."Your wife should be fine, but the baby will not make it." That baby was me.

My father made his way straight to the men's room and knelt down in the stall between the wall and the toliet (kinda gross to think about now, but at the time he was desperate....and boy, am I glad he did it)

He begged God to let his first born live. After conversing with the Lord, he made his way back to where my mother was. By the time he got back....tada.......ME!

God had answered his prayer and allowed me to live. THANK YOU, JESUS!

So, today, because of PRAYER, I am having my 41st birthday. God has blessed my life more than words can describe. I'm grateful and thankful to God.

I love the Lord more than breathe and desire to make my life count for HIM. Without Him, none of us would be here, but I feel especially blessed because of what my father was told. I have heard my daddy tell this story numerous times and every time it touches my heart and helps me to realize how powerful prayer really is.

I praise Him and thank Him for turning yet another year older. Just another reminder of God's hand on my life!!! How could I not live for Him!!!

Psalm 139: 13-14 - For thou has possessed my reins: thou has covered me in my mother's womb. I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.

8 comments:

LaDonna said...

Aww...Happy Birthday, my friend. Enjoy your day. I look out my winder this morning and see that the sun is shining - just for you!! Love you.

Vic said...

Happy Birthday Tam!!!! Prayer saves lives every day and most people have no clue...Pray on!!!!!

Amanda Bull said...

Happy Birthday, Tam!

Sara said...

Happy Birthday!!

Tam said...

thanks, guys! I love you all!!

emily said...

whoa. I did not know that. What a testimony! I hope you had a wonderful birthday. I love you.

cokelady said...

I'm a little late (nothing new there!), but HAPPY BIRTHDAY! What a wonderful testimony of you being "covered in your mother's womb" and God taking such wonderful care of you both!

Tanna said...

hi tammy whats up?
have a good day!
i love you!!!
montana