CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Busy next couple of days

This time of the year there is always so much going on. School getting out for the summer, graduations and so on. Speaking of graduations, we have our first one to attend tomorrow night. Jordan Funderburk is graduating. I CAN NOT believe that. That kid should still be 5 years old. Man!

Starting tomorrow, Morgan has HSM rehearsal everyday until the actual production, which is Monday and Tuesday nights. Let's see, Friday is my birthday and I'm trying to decide where I want to go for my B-day dinner. I had decided on Cheddars (the new restaurant in Smyrna) but Les said we would wait at least an hour on Friday night. So, that's out. I'm thinking maybe Japanese Habatchi. Not sure yet. If you've got suggestions, I'll take them.

This time next year, Chandler will be graduating. I've really been praying lately about his future. College and all that stuff. It's a little overwhelming to me. All I have ever said is as long as my children's are in God's will, that is all that matters to me. And, I mean that. But, I still feel like we need some kind of a plan. We can't just sit and do nothing and expect God to zap us. We make plans, and God can change them whenever and however He wants. The mother in me feels like I need to "fix" everything for him. I literally had to quote the scripture to myself the other day......."Trust in the Lord with all thine heart and lean not to thin own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him and he shall direct thy path"

If we are doing what this scripture says....this is a promise of the Lord that He will direct our path.

Seriously, say a prayer that I will not be consumed with what Chandler needs to do, how he should do it, when he should do it, etc., ect., ect.....

I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that God is in control. He has a plan for my son's future. I am much more concerned about this than Chandler himself. He is so laid back about it. He doesn't seem to be stressing at all. So, what's MY problem.

I want the best for my children, as most mothers do. The not knowing is what is killing me. That's why I have to keep bringing myself back to the above scripture. If I have to quote it to myself every single day, I know it will work.

prayers appreciated!

3 comments:

Erika J. said...

i called you last night. i had a funny story to tell. i'll call you sometime today. answer your phone!

Anonymous said...

aww. we're just growing up.
oh, to go back to the time when we were playing Super Nintendo and eating grilled cheese sandwiches. now we've gotta decide where to go to college and what major to do when we get there...
where does the time go?

Unknown said...

Brandon is supposed to graduate next year, too.... AHHHH!!!!