CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, July 2, 2009

I miss my mommy!

I'm 41 years old and I miss my mommy! It seems that our schedules have not met up in tooooooo long. We've both been working for the Lord, so that's the good thing. But, I still miss her. She called me this morning, they were somewhere in GA and so we got a chance to talk a little. I heard my dad sneeze in the background and it made me miss him too. HA! I told my mom, I wanted to come sleep in the bed with them. HA!!!!! When I lived at home and I would come home from a date with Steve, I would go jump right in between them in their bed and share with my mom all about my night.
They are hoping to be back home sometime tonight. I told her I would be there to sleep with them. We both laughed!!!

I can talk with my mom like no other. Except for my husband, of course, but Steve is NOT a talker. He's more of a listener. So, we balance each other out that way.

This weekend is our State Convention. Up until today, we still did not have a place to stay. I talked with Bro. Sutton last night about where they were staying and he told me. My plan was to call there today and get a room, but one of the things my mom called me about this morning was to tell me that she had talked to Sis. Smith and she had some rooms available at her house. My parents usually stay with the Smith's when they are in Cleveland for any time. I called Sis Smith this morning and she was more than willing to share her home with us. WOOHOO!!!!! What a blessing! Truly! We stayed at her home last year for Convention and it beats a hotel, ANYDAY!! Again, thank you SO much, Sis. Smith for allowing us to invade your home.

Today, I need to clean my house. Like, really clean it. And, I need to help Chandler work on the ACT prep book. He is taking the ACT in September and we are trying to prepare him for it.

So, I've sat around long enough this morning. I need to get productive.

2 comments:

Vicki Smith said...

We're honored to have you come stay in our home. We'd love it if more Tennessee people would feel comfortable doing so. We love sharing hospitality with TCOG.

emilynn said...

just a tip for you and chandler.

[i've taken the ACT twice.]
don't stress about it.
and make sure you practice using the time limits.

:)