CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, August 2, 2009

Trying to decide....

......exactly when to start school.

My kids will be starting their tutorial classes on August 14. Morgan is taking two classes there this year, English and Science. Everything else we will do at home. Chandler only has one class to take at the tutorial this year. His last English class. He needs to finish his Geometry and History from last year. And, I think he needs a half semester of Health. Other than finishing his BTI courses, that's all he's got and he can graduate. I CAN NOT believe that. Really!!! I can't. We started home schooling when he was 6 years old. If I dwell on it for too long, I could cry my eyes out. His plan after graduation is to go to Motlow State Community College. That's the plan right now, anyway.

They have to start their tutorial classes on the 14th but I'm considering waiting until after the Assembly to start everything else. Cha has got to work on some ACT prep stuff though. He's taking the ACT in October. The original plan was to take it in September but we found out that we will be at the Assembly on that Saturday. No biggy. That will just give him more time to prepare.

Morgan will be a freshman in high school. That's weird too. My babies are just growing up so fast. I have a picture of both of them on our very first day of home schooling. Chandler was 6 and Morgan was 3. Boy, oh boy! I would not have traded all those days for anything. Some have been hard, some have been easy, some have been ugly, some have been pretty, some have been nothing but tears and some have been full of laughter. Some days I feel like I got nothing accomplished and others I feltl very accomplished because of what they learned. All in all, I'm very thankful for every single day.

I want this to be a great year. Especially with it being Chandler's last year. As strange as it seems, I want to cherish every single day. I want to make the most of it with him. Not that I don't with Morgan, but I'll still have 3 more years with her.

I still remember having a conversation with my husband sitting at the dinner table the summer after Chandler went to kindergarten. The summer that I really was considering home schooling. I remember Steve saying...."Tam, you didn't even like school yourself." And, he was right. School really wasn't my cup of tea. But, God has helped us. When I was struggling with Algebra 1, I remember calling a friend for prayer and not long after that God helped it to start clicking with me. It has worked for us. What a blessing it has been. Being able to say, with a grateful heart, that "I" (with the help of the Lord) taught both of my children to read. All the many times of being right in the middle of school, getting a call, and the 3 of us stopping that very moment to pray together. AH! Nothing like it!!!

God is so good!

3 comments:

Vic said...

I loved every single moment with my children...I miss them to this day...I love my grandchildren...My life has been revolved around the Lord and my family...I have never wanted anything else!!!!!!!!!

Cherish every pica second of time God blesses you with them...Your influence will follow them all the days of their lives...

I love you bunches and thank you for being a prayer warrior in behalf of my family...

Still waiting for more miracles to share!!!!!!!!

emily said...

This post warms my heart. Whenever you start, I hope that you have an amazing last year with Cha-babe.

Viv said...

I'm with ya...can't hardly believe Cha is about to graduate. Remember our episodes at shool and at home when he started kindergarten? Any one listeneing in would have thought we were nuts!I'm sooo thankful and proud that you stuck it out, through the thick and thin of homeschooling! It's paid off...even if they are my grands...they ARE GOOD KIDS! Thank God for HIS Grace and Mercy...and making you and Steve the "good" parents you are and always have been! Yep...it definitely brings a tear to the eye and heart! I love you...daughter of mine...you make me PROUD!!