CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, August 7, 2009

Great day but a busy one!

I think I got up this morning around 8. I've had to take and pick Chandler up from work this week becasue his car has been in the shop. ****I don't want to talk about that*** I've gotten use to not having to drive him around since he's been driving himself. So, I've had to work around his schedule. It's not too bad, just have to plan accordingly.

I got my 3 mile run in. I've run for years but I always feel accomplished each time I do it. I'm glad that excercise is important to me. I feel better for it. It's not "the" priority, just "a" priority.

Let's see.....I had to make a Walmart run to get things to make dinner for the Sutton's. The church has been providing meals every other night since they have been home from the hospital with Braden. Tonight was my night, so I made them a Mexican casserole and a peanut butter pie. I hope they enjoyed it.

After delivering the meal to them, we headed over to my sister in laws house for dinner. My brother in law, Tim, had grilled some yummy steaks for us. Oh! they were good. I made a strawberry shortcake and I must say, it was yummy too. Very simple and easy but tasty. We had a very nice time visiting with them and my mother in law as well. We played the Wii. I claim that I'm a very good Tennis player on that thing but my son says I'm not. i just need a little practice, that's all. I kept swinging too soon and missing the ball all together. At one point, Chandler stood behind me, held my hand and swung for me. ha! Speaking of Chandler....how many 17 year old boys want to hang out with their family on a Friday night?! He never complains or says he doesn't want to go...ever! He such a good kid!

I don't know how many games of golf that Tim, Steve and Chandler played but at 10:30 I had to make them stop. My neice, Lexi, who is 4 needed to go to bed and as long as we were there, it was not happenin.

So, now, I'm home, it's midnight and I need to go to bed but here I sit with a big empty bowl of what use to be Strawberry shortcake sitting right in front of me. Denise, I polished off the rest of it. Oh good grief! Ha! I needed to leave it there with you, girl! Ha!

It's been a good day and I thank the Lord for it!

1 comments:

Kasey said...

You cant be any worse than my mom is at soccer on wii fit. It is HILARIOUS!!!!!!!

Glad you guys had fun! Love ya n' miss you too.