CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, August 27, 2009

re-decorating

Actually, more like re-arranging. If you know anything about me, you know that I love doing things in my home. I love decorating and such! I also like change in my house after a period of time. I re-arranged my living room yesterday. l like doing that ever couple of months. Makes me feel like I've got a new room or at least a different look in that room. It also gives me a chance to clean behind furniture that I don't do every day.

I was watching a show this week and a interior decorator was saying how people really don't have extra money right now to buy new stuff for their house but that you could actually shop in your own home. He said walk into each room and decide how you can move furniture to a different room for a different look. Well, I did just that. I took a book shelf from my bonus room and brought it downstairs into the family room. I love it! I just think it's so fun to do stuff like that. Your probably thinking....."poor Tam, she just gets excited over the silliest things". ha! But, my home is actually a hobby of mine. I love taking care of my home. Ahhh!!!!!! just brings me comfort!

But now, my husband is gonna have to hang a picture for me in the dining room. The wall where I put the book shelf covered the picture that was hanging on that wall so I had to take it down. I think it will look really nice in my dining room. I would just do it myself but the picture is huge. Steve and I have a totally different way of hanging things on the wall. I "eyeball" it, hoping it's half straight. My husband gets the tape measure out to make sure it's exactly right. ha!

So, that's what I've been doing....among other things!

4 comments:

Vic said...

A woman's home is an extension of her heart, her personality, her priorities and you have a pretty good idea how much she cares about all other aspects of her life from the atmosphere of her home...

Char said...

My husband does the same thing....personally, I think eyeballing works just as well but my husband thinks his way works better.

Vicki Smith said...

I totally understand your passion for "all things homey." I feel the same way. I love how you can go buy just one new little doo-dad either to hang on a wall or set on a shelf and it will necessitate moving some other item, which causes a search for a new home for the newly moved item, and before you know it you've done a little rearranging and redecorating in SEVERAL rooms--all because of one little item. FUN!!! It's an enjoyable challenge to make it all work.
I used to move furniture all the time, but I've settled down a lot. I seldom rearrange furniture anymore. I find a design I like and leave it be. The downside is, I also seldom clean under and behind those stationary furniture pieces. The upside is, it doesn't bother me all that much. HA!

wemmies said...

You watched Oprah!! :P