CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

One of those "Mondays"

Yesterday, Monday, I woke up frustrated. O.K. let me forwarn you, this may be one of those posts that gets alot of comments or none whatsoever.....

I don't understand peoples choices and priorities! Can't we realize how serious the times are in which we live?????!!!!!

I DO NOT understand the lack of church attendance AND SUCH LIKE!!! How can we do everything else we want to do but not come back to church Sunday night? How can we make everything else THE priority and the Lord A priority. I don't get it!!! I really, really, really don't get it. What is it gonna take for us to get serious? Completely sold out to serving the Lord and EVERYTHING that includes.

I did ALOT of praying yesterday!!! Alot of soul searching! I reminded myself...."Tammy, stop looking at man"....Look to Jesus." I will stand before God one day very soon for MY choices!!! I must get it right according to God's Word!!!! I have to do what's right! Regardless of what I DO NOT UNDERSTAND....God holds the record. He sees ALL and knows ALL and HE will reveal what is not right! When he does his revealing and purging, I have to find myself pleasing and accepting in HIS sight.

I'm responsible for me and for rearing my children in the ways that are right! I want to be a blessing and to minister with the love of Jesus!!! I want to be real in HIS sight!

So, after much prayer and scripture reading, I feel better. I still don't understand choices that people make but it's not for me to "figure out". It's ALL in God's hands. I have to keep Tammy right! Pure, Holy, Blameless, before HIM in ALL matters.

God is keeping the record....HE's taking notes!!!!!
GOD HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Only by His Grace and Mercy will I make it!!!!!




hmmmmm.....I wonder if I can count this on my report....hahahahahahaha!!!!!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

preach, preacher!

Viv said...

I AM WITH YA! Yesterday must have been a day of soul searching...it can't just simply be a "mother-daughter" thing..although we think soooo much a like on these issues! Bottom line is...where do I appear in the eyes of the Lord? PLEASE let me be pleasing and acceptable in thy sight. I think it's the preacher in us that makes us frustrated...cause time IS winding up...no matter how ya look at it! Folks tell-off as to where their priorities are...or should I say...where they're NOT!! Excuse after excuse doesn't hold water or anything else ANY MORE!!

Vic said...

Thankful for teaching I received very young in the Lord...We find time, money and whatever else is needed to do what we WANT to do...We can say what we want to say, but our actions will always speak than our words...I promise you when tragedy strikes and it does strike us all, it may be too late to get your priorities in order...I have always hated learning the hard way...God has been so good and merciful to all of us and he deserves our best...I see so much that I too don't get...I do however know what is right when I see it and I know what is wrong, no matter who it is (including myself)...When you see outward manifestations of behavior unbecoming to a Christian, then you know there is a heart problem and we need to pray, pray, pray that God will open their blinded eyes...I know I want to make it, if no one else does and I have a fulltime job doing just that...Let's encourage one another until Jesus comes to get us...This is a whosoever will let him come business and we all will live and die by our choices...Thank God for his grace and mercy because I desperately need it...

Anonymous said...

alright, now i feel lame for writing a novel of a comment to this post, so here we go....
"The sluggard will not plow by reason of the cold; therefore shall he beg in harvest, and have nothing" -Proverbs 20:4
When I first read this Scripture, my mind went to church attendance. Now, I'm all for going to church. if there's anything i've come to appreciate this summer, it's having a church to go to... i've realized that, over the years, i have completely taken for granted a local church. but when it comes right down to it, church is not what's going to get us into heaven... this Scripture talks about plowing by reason of the cold. the cold can essentially be: mon, tues, thurs, fri, sat... and if we are willing to plow, or dig deep into our relationship with the Lord during those days when church isn't going on. come church time, the service isn't going to be what God wants it to be. we aren't, and don't, see those moves of God that are heard about of the generations before us. why? because all of us don't have a personal relationship with God... because we aren't plowing that field even when it's inopportune for us to. we've got to be willing to be alone with God, to prioritize Him, and spend time with Him EVERYDAY. otherwise, going to church will be nothing more than a social gathering.

can i put THAT on MY report?! ha!!!

Vicki Smith said...

What if God treated us with the same regard we treat Him? What if He were available only when He "felt like it"? If we expect God to be faithful to us, we must be faithful to Him. ALL the time. We can't make decisions for others, or do anything to affect a change in their life. But we CAN make decisions for how we will live our own lives; whether or not we will be solidly faithful attenders of church, whether or not we will be solidly faithful to prayer and Bible study in our own homes EVERY day, whether or not we will be "real" all the time--not one person at church and a completely different person at home or on the job or in the grocery store or on the highway. If we live a double standard, we will reap accordingly. James said, "A double minded man is unstable in all his ways." Unstable people don't achieve goals; they flounder and constantly run into problems. They wonder why "everybody else gets all the breaks" but they cause their own problems by their own inconsistencies. As they say, "Those who complain about the way the ball bounces are often the ones who dropped it." ;-)
I'm not a preacher, but I'm a certified teacher and I have to report how many lessons I teach...

LaDonna said...

I'm not a preacher or a certified teacher, but i'll just say that whosever toes Bro. Bobby didn't step on Sunday, you probably got with this post!! Preach on, teach on!! Some of us need all the help we can get!!