CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, August 22, 2009

Yard Sale Jack Pot

I got a text yesterday that said...."Leslei and I are going yardsaling in the morning, if you want to go....Early!" So, I texted back..."I'm in". Kim texted me back and said..."Be at my house at 6:45"....I texted back..."I'm out". I was kidding. I even got there at 6:30. Morgan said she wanted to go but when she found out what time we were leaving, she decided that she really was "out". ha!(wimp)!

So, I got to Kim's and we headed out to pick up Les. Let me just say, Kim was serious about this. When we got in her car, she had two pages of addresses and directions of where she had found yard sales advertised on Craigslist. It was great! I had never yard-saled so organized and let me just say, it was well worth her effort. We had a plan!!!

All 3 of us racked up!!!!!!!!!! It was SO much fun! We were like kids at Christmas. Les and I have the same taste and we even got a little competitive over some items as to who "got" it. Fun! Fun! We had to help Kim control herself as far as her buying for her grandbaby, Olivia!:) The funniest thing happened. We came upon this house that had this huge, blow-up, jumpy thing in the front yard. As soon as we saw it, Les and I both said..."Kim, you are NOT getting that." She quickly said..."Oh, Yes, I AM"... We quickly realized it wasn't even a yard sale. They were setting up for a kids party. HA!!!!!!

I found Morgan the cutest shoes. They are wedges! I knew she would love them! They are Banana Republic and I got them for 2 dollars! Yes, Banana Republic is an expensive brand. (i think)! Anyway, I was right. She loved them.

I've been wanting some camo-gouchos for a while now. I found a pair, exactly what I wanted for .50 cents. Woohoo! I also got two really cute sweaters for .50 and $2. Love, love, love it!

About half way thru our journey, we stopped by the house and picked up Morgan. That child is just like me about deals. To be 14, she doesn't AT ALL mind yard sale clothes and Goodwill clothes. I'm very thankful. Les and I were talking today, it's ridiculous to pay outrageous amounts of money for clothes when you can get such good deals at theses places. Seriously, if you take the time, you can get some super good deals. I get so excited over such deals. :)

It's been a really good day!

4 comments:

Erika J. said...

to be like morgan, to be like morgan, all i ask is to be like her. hahaha!

i'm not ready for yard sale and goodwill clothes but i do LOVE ross and could spend a fortune. TJ Maxx too. :)

lance is trying to get me to buy my dress for the wedding at the salvation army. HA!

cokelady said...

There is a thrift store in town that we visit a couple of times a month. It's the best ever and we clothe our whole family almost exclusively from our finds there nowadays! Ha! You're right, it feels GREAT to pay $2 for a pair of jeans or .99 cents for a dress shirt, $4 for a to-die-for denim skirt--even $5 for a whole suit for one of my boys. It's quite fulfilling. :-)

But I wouldn't join you on a shopping spree before at least 8:00am. ;-)

Autumn said...

my all time FAVORITE places to shop is garage sales and salvation army!!!! can't beat it!!!

Netty said...

Some of my favorite things for Braden are sleeping gowns I got at a yard sale! I have gotten lots of his clothes from GW and yard sales and we love the Pooh you got for him!